MNT Training Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and security. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure you remain informed and in control of your information.
There is a new regulation on personal data (the General Data Protection Regulation) coming into force in May 2018 which means you’ll have the choice as to whether you want to receive our communications and be able to select how you want to receive them (email, phone or post).
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so please contact us by emailing email@example.com or writing to MNT Training Ltd, Grove House, Lutyens Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8AG
We will never sell your personal data, and will only ever share it with organisations we work with where necessary, and if its privacy and security are guaranteed.
Any personal information provided or to be gathered from this site is controlled primarily by MNT Training Ltd, Grove House, Lutyens Close, Basingstoke RG24 8AG.
What Information We Collect
Personal data you provide
We collect data you provide to us. This includes information you give when enrolling for a course or sending an enquiry via the website. For example:
- When you order/subscribe to a service, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order.
- your credit card details are encrypted and transferred to our offices for processing. At no point are these stored electronically in an unencrypted form.
- We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order/subscription
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
Information we generate
We may collect information from course evaluation where you have given us permission to do so.
Information from third parties
We sometimes receive personal data about individuals from third parties. For example, where an employer is purchasing a course on behalf of a staff member.
Sensitive personal data
We do not normally collect or store sensitive personal data (such as information relating to health) about our learners. However there are some situations where this will occur (if, for health reasons you need to place your training on hold and you specifically volunteer the information). If this does occur, we’ll take extra care to ensure your privacy rights are protected.
How We Use Information
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary in order to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- comply with a legal duty;
- protect your vital interests;
- for our own lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override the these.
In any event, we’ll only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or else for closely related purposes)
We use personal data to communicate with people, to promote MNT Training. This includes keeping you up to date with our news and updates/campaigns.
We use personal data for administrative purposes. This includes:
- maintaining databases of our learners;
- performing our obligations under the terms of our `contracts’ with learners
- fulfilling orders for goods or services (whether placed online, over the phone or in person);
- helping us respect your choices and preferences (e.g. if you ask not to receive marketing material, we’ll keep a record of this).
Internal research and analysis
We carry out research and analysis on our learners to determine the success of our courses and to better understand and identify patterns and trends. This helps inform our approach towards newsletters and other communications we may send out.
Occasionally, where we partner with other organisations, we may also share information with them (for example, if you register to attend an event being jointly organised by us and a third party). We’ll only share information when necessary and we’ll make sure to notify you first.
You have the choice as to whether you want to receive any marketing from MNT Training Ltd and you can select how you want to receive them (post, phone or email).
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by writing to MNT Training Ltd, Grove House, Lutyens Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8AG or telephoning 0844 826 8446 (Lines open 9am – 4pm Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri).
What does ‘marketing’ mean?
Marketing does not just mean offering things for sale, but also includes news and information about:
- our training courses and/or activities;
- products, services and offers (our own, and those of third parties which may interest you);
When you receive a communication, we may collect information about you, respond to or interact with that communication, and this may affect how we communicate with you in future.
We may send these out to all our learners – past and present, (unless you specifically ask us not to) and you can choose to unsubscribe. See Marketing
How We Protect Data
We employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your data safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of your personal information.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means). Our staff receive data protection training and we have a set of detailed data protection procedures which personnel are required to follow when handling personal data.
We do not store any payment or bank details.
Where we store information
Any information provided by a learner when enrolling for a course or making an enquiry are stored on databases within a secure computer system and only authorised users have access to the information.
We use Microsoft products and as a US company, it may be that using their products result in personal data being transferred to or accessible from the US. However, we’ll allow this as we are certain personal data will still be adequately protected (as Microsoft is certified under the USA’s Privacy Shield scheme).
How long we store information
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long information will be stored for depends on the information in question and what it is being used for, but usually only for a maximum of seven years. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing emails, we will stop storing your emails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be emailed).
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card information.
Keeping You in Control
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as subject access request);
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If wish to make a complaint which does not directly relate to your data protection and privacy rights, you can do so in accordance with our MNT Training’s complaint policy
If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates and enforces data protection law in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk
Cookies and Links to Other Sites
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide certain features. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features on our site.
We do not allow third parties to set cookies on any content on our site.
Information Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make using our site possible and to enhance your overall site experience. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.